Pages

Friday, July 3, 2020

Book Review: "Kicking It" edited by Faith Hunter and Kalayna Price

Kicking It (Chicagoland Vampires) by [Faith Hunter, Kalayna Price]

I’m not a big fan of short story anthologies as a rule.  They usually leave little room for
character or plot development. I picked up “Kicking It” because it reminded me of the
Nancy Sinatra song from the mid 1960s “These Boots Were Made for Walkin”. I must
say the editors Faith Hunter and Kalayna Price surprised me with this collection.  

The stories were assembled around the theme of strong,  beautiful women and fancy
footwear. Oh, I forgot to mention...the boots and shoes are enchanted and/or cursed.
The heroines in the stories must use their  their powers to stop evil from winning.
The characters range from witches to a descendant of Lucifer. The stories are filled with
action, humor and enchanted footwear.

If you like urban fantasy or fancy footwear, this anthology is for you. You will never
look at shoes or boots in quite the same way.

No comments: